About the Artist:
I am Maithili Bhande (@mitselia_ ),an Industrial designing student in Pune. I'm passionate about art and have been practicing for the last 14 years. I've completed various courses in Sketching, Portrait sketching, landscape painting, watercolour painting, Acrylic painting and Oil painting. I've displayed my artworks in various exhibitions before and have also conducted a watercolour painting workshops.
What you will learn:
- Learn new skills to paint watercolour landscapes inspired by nature and surroundings.
- Get a better understanding of the medium and techniques.
- Get a better understanding of the type of paper, brushes and colours to use
- Learn how to draw the basic sketches required
- Learn how to blend colours in this medium
- Learn the technique of wet- on- wet (adding wash).
- How to use colour tones
- How to add Light and shadows
- Maintaining balance with the amount of colour, water and brush pressure on the paper surface.
- Adding the first and second layers.
- Adding a 3-dimensional effect in the elements
- Adding highlights and negative spaces in the painting
- Adding details
- Most importantly gaining confidence in watercolour painting and overcoming the fear of making mistakes in your painting.
- Watercolour paper ( preferably rough type)
- Watercolour tubes/ cakes
- Flat /Round brushes ( any big sizes , preferably 8-14)
- Round brush size 1/ 2
- Old toothbrush ( optional)
- Water container+ waste cloth/ tissue paper.
- Pencil + eraser
- Black pen
- Masking tape
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link on July 24th
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849