About the Artist, Ekta Chahar (@ekta_chahar):
I'm an artist exploring different art forms and mediums. Currently I'm focused on copperplate calligraphy and floral illustrations. I'm happiest when I'm studying flowers and leaves in their natural environment and putting my studies on paper with some added elements.I also love learning different calligraphy scripts and have learnt copperplate, italics, uncial and Devanagari till now.
Apart from my self study to improve my art, I also work on commissioned orders for calligraphic works and cards for various occasions to make the occasions extra special with a touch of handwritten and handmade goodness. I also teach floral illustration and pointed pen calligraphy through online private sessions and small workshops, so as to help people start their artistic journey without getting overwhelmed with the vastness of the art field.
Here's what you will learn at this workshop:
- How to observe flowers to be able to break them in shapers and elements
- Common flowers and leaves found in nature
- The methods of adding details to the flower
- Complete study of the flower of final artwork
- Study about composition of flowers to make the final artwork
- White paper
For Final Artwork:
- Good quality paper (above 110 gsm)
- Watercolors or brush pen (Faber Castle/ Camlin/ Doms/ Tombow or any other brand) for background
- Fineliners (Sakura microns/ Artline /Brustro /Staedtler) for inking and detailing (better if present in two different sizes)
Beginners Friendly, No prior knowledge required. The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
Duration: 2.5 hours
Cost : Rs.599/-
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849