About the Artist:
I'm Anisha khiyani, (@organic_symmetry) Apparel and lifestyle designer, founder of Organic Symmetry and Co-founder of slow fashion clothing line called Aanvay. I've been doing Shibori since 4 years now and wanted to spread this 1300 year old technique, workshops is one platform to do that.
What would the participants learn at the workshop?
- The participants learn Shibori.
- Shibori is one of the oldest Indigo dying techniques in Japan. It is a technique for a variety of ways of embellishing textiles by shaping cloth and securing it before dyeing. The results are endless and can be as simple or as elaborate as you please.
- The beauty of this art is that once you learn the process of dyeing the fabric, you will enjoy exploring endless results.
- Its stress relieving and meditative. It reflects your personality because no two pieces of shibori textiles will ever look the same.
- It's going to be as unique as you.
Art Materials Provided:
- Cotton scarf / T-Shirt
- 1 pair of hand gloves
- Pair of shaped blocks in wood or acrylic
- Needles and threads
- Direct cotton dye/ natural dye powder
- Art Materials
Date : January 19th, 2020
Timings : 10.30am to 4.30pm
Cost : Rs.2199/-
Location : Golden Square CBD, Wilson Garden
Limited Seats Available ! Click below to block your seat.
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
email@example.com / +91 96772 38849 / +91 91768 08449