About the Artist:
My name is Niranjan (@soulflowart). I am an artist who works with the medium of traditional pen and ink. I combine my love for traveling and storytelling to share compelling stories that have inspired me and will inspire my audience to follow their dreams and live their lives to their fullest potential.
According to me staying patient and through the process is most important quality an artist needs to have. This single quality helps us to create drawings that breathes life and stands out from others. Drawing this way is also a very meditative experience and helps us tune into our presence, an experience I try to create through my sessions.
We have mentioned below what you will be learning in each of the sessions:
In this Masterclass you will learn to create realistic textures using just black and white drawings to create a final art piece.
Session 1 - Fundamentals of pen drawing (2.5 hours):
- Participants will learn the basics of mark making with pens
- How to use the material, add tones and create depth bringing in effects of light and shade
Session 2 - Creating Basic Illustrations (2.5 hours):
- Building on the fundamentals
- Participants will refine their techniques through practice of geometric shapes and some basic illustrations
Prerequisite: You should have attended Session 1 or one of the previous workshops conducted by Niranjan
Session 3 - Understanding portrait fundamentals (2.5 hours):
- Participants will learn the fundamentals to creating a realistic portrait through lessons in facial anatomy and skin tones
Session 4 - Draw along the Buddha (2.5 hours):
- Building on the foundations of Session 1, 2 and 3 participants will draw a realistic looking portrait of the Buddha with Pen.
Prerequisite: You should have attended all the previous sessions
Session 5 - Understanding textures (2.5 hours):
- Participants will learn the techniques to create realistic looking textures of granite, rocks, wood etc.
Session 6 - Conclusion (2.5 hours):
- In this final session participants will use all the knowledge they have gained through attending all the previous sessions to create a Realistic looking portrait sculpture of the Buddha built using granite
Prerequisite: You should have attended all the previous sessions to attend this final session.
THIS MASTERCLASS IS SUITABLE FOR BEGINNERS PROVIDED YOU ATTEND THE FIRST SESSION OR IF YOU MEET THE MENTIONED PREREQUISITES UNDER EACH SESSION.
Please note- these are just the ideal preferences, any participant with even a pencil and regular pens can participate and find value from this workshop.
- Drawing papers- Minimum 130 GSM with textures
- Fine-liner pens - 0.03, 0.05, 0.1, 0.3, 0.5
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
- Session 1 - November 21st - 8.30am to 11am
- Session 2 - November 21st - 6pm to 8.30pm
- Session 3 - November 22nd - 8.30am to 11am
- Session 4 - November 28th - 8.30am to 11am
- Session 5 - November 28th - 6pm to 8.30pm
- Session 6 - November 29th - 8.30am to 11am
- Per Session: Rs.649/-
- All the Sessions: Rs.3499/-
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
email@example.com / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849