About the Artist:
I am Monali Mohanty (@rangbymonalimohanty) from Odisha. By education I am a Bio-technologist and MBA . But art is my true calling. I am a self taught artist. I love to explore various kinds of art form. Mostly enjoy doing folk art forms.
- Pattachitra is a magnificent and spectacular form of folk art from Odisha. Its a very ornamental and colourful artform with extremely intricate and delicate artwork. It mostly depicts the hindu folklore.
- Pattachitra with all its intricacy and detailing may be a little overwhelming for beginners. But let's learn this art-form step by step and create a stunning painting.
- We will be teaching how draw and paint from start to end a beautiful Pattachitra painting.
- Learn beautiful bird motiffs and floral motiffs with ornamental borders.
- Learn the intricate detailing which are an integral part of Patachitra.
- Any Drawing paper A4 size / 160 or 200 GSM paper
- Acrylics Colours / poster colours
- Round Brush (Various Sizes) also size 1, 2, 3, 4 and 0, 00
- Flat brush - 2 (size 6/5/4 and size 2/3)
- Black and White fine tip marker ( optional for those who want to do the detailing with pen)
- A wiping cloth
- A cup / bowl to hold water
- Black / red carbon paper for tracing (optional) only needed for those who wish to trace
TO BUY THE ART MATERIALS THAT YOU NEED, YOU CAN GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://www.amazon.in/shop/madcapworkshops
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
- Session 1: January 9th - 4.30pm to 7pm (IST)
- Session 2: January 10th - 4.30pm to 7pm (IST)
For any queries, contact us @
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849