About the Artist:
Sai Kiran (@saikiran_cherial_artist) is a State Award Winning Artist with focus on Traditional Art forms like Cheriyal Scroll Paintings, Sawdust dolls & Masks. He is a Fine Arts graduate and has conducted workshops and exhibitions across India.
Cheriyal Scroll Painting – a traditional 400 years old art form. which is a pride of Telangana State. Basically in the olden days the rural people entertained with several activities like puppets, storytelling, etc. In these storytelling Cherial scroll paintings played vital role. The story tellers used to carry scroll painting from one village to other village by telling stories. It is an interesting tradition of combining a singing rendition of stories with marvelous illustrated pictures.
- 8x10 inch cheriyal painting
- How to compose drawing in given size
- Develop perfect drawing
- Drawing background colour
- Skintone color
- Costume colouring
- Out line with black
- Detailing with white
- A4 Size Drawing paper
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic or water colors)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5)
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil, eraser and scale
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849