About the Artist, Fatema Khambati (@kalamkarybyfatema):
Having worked as a tax analyst at Deloitte I am currently a practicing passionate lettering artist. Have been polishing my skills since 6 years and started taking workshops 3 years ago. With 3 workshops in Bangalore, 2 in Mumbai and 3 in Indore workshops is the most fun part and a major reason for doing what I do. I have lettered at live events like the Kalaghoda art Festival in Mumbai, International Art exhibition at Favre-Leuba hall in Mumbai. I also practice digital illustrations, digital lettering and calligraphy which in turn has helped me to build and shape my lettering skills better.
Here's what you'll learn at this workshop:
Brush Lettering is the technique of drawing letters with thick and thin strokes of a brush tip achieved with varied pressure. It has gained a lot of popularity due to its aesthetic appeal and the calming, relaxing effect of repetitive strokes. Learning this process is fun and rewarding.
- You’ll be learning the correct way to hold a brush pen
- The correct angle between paper and pen
- Things to take care before lettering
- Basic strokes that build a letter
- How to build each letter step by step
- Connecting the letters.
- Print out of the worksheet pdf sent to the registered candidates.
- Add Gel Brush pen
- Spare sheets of ruled paper
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
- Date: November 21st & 22nd, 2020
- Time: 4.30pm to 6pm (both days)
- Duration: 3 hours (2 sessions)
- Cost : Rs.649/-
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
email@example.com / +91 91768 08449 / +91 96772 38849