About the Artist:
My name is Vibha Thakker (@vibha.thakker) and I am an art instructor at an art college in Mumbai. I have been teaching the subject - visualization for the last 3 years. I am also an artist who loves working with various mediums.
About the Workshop:
Despite the importance of creativity, there seems to be almost no focus on teaching it, encouraging it and training around it. The need for creativity extends well beyond just drawing and painting. It helps us visualize and express ourselves better. The workshop focuses on getting the creative juices flowing and helping release more creativity.
The end goal of the workshop:
We will together find ways to invoke our creativity and learn what our best environment is. We will develop & refine art works through a process. Most importantly, WE’LL HAVE FUN!
That’s what the creative process is supposed to be :) Right?
- Participants will learn to form patterns with simple shapes.
- We will use the principles of design like Balance, Movement, Repetition, Rhythm, Pattern, Unity, etc to create beautiful artworks out of simple patterns.
- We will play with color and ink to add definition to our patterns.
Watercolor Abstract Art:
- We will start with learning about various watercolour techniques and make beautiful artworks using this unpredictable and unforgiving medium.
- We will use various patterns along with watercolours to create fluid art pieces, each an expression of our inner selves.
Reverse Coloring - Floral Art:
- We will learn to break the rules on day 2.
- This is a meditative, relaxing and a very beginner friendly art style.
- We will create a loose style of art and in the process loose our inhibitions and stress.
- At the end of the session, you will have a bouquet of flowers ready to be framed.
- Zendoodling is the art of drawing designs using structured patterns or 'Zentangles'.
- We will take an illustration and fill it with patterns that we learnt in session 1.
- We will learn about composition and balance while Zendoodling. At the end of the session you will have developed an artwork with lots of patterns and an artwork to be marvelled upon.
- Watercolours paper A4/A5 size – 2 pieces (If you don’t have it, feel free to use any paper with a high gsm)
- Any A4 white paper – 2-3 pieces
- Watercolours (pan/tube/ liquid)
- Brush pens or sketch pens or pigment liners
- Any Drawing Pen
- Salt and earbuds (earbuds are optional)
- Rough Rag/ tissue
- Paint Brushes
- 2 cups of clean water
The workshop will be hosted via Zoom. We will send you a unique Zoom link a day before the workshop for you to join.
Date and Time: July 11th & 12th
Time: 4 hours (2 sessions)
- Session 1: 11th July - 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Session 2: 12th July - 10.30am to 12.30pm
Cost : Rs.899/-
Recorded Session Available !
Limited Seats Available! Click below to Block Your Seat!
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 96772 38849 / +91 91768 08449