About the Artist, Hemalatha (@art_by_hema):
I’m a certified hypnotherapist and a crystal healer with a deep interest in expressive arts. I’ve been trained in traditional drawing and painting techniques but I found my truest voice in creating ‘Abstract Landscapes’. I draw inspiration from natural scenes of deep forests, flower beds, ocean fronts and sunset skies. I primarily use acrylic paints infused with mixed media elements with a lot of fun mark making. I trek and hike in exploration of these. My art is process driven with a lot of body movement and liberation. It is about getting in touch with an inner sensation and using mediums to portray what you feel rather than see and hence evoke a feeling in the viewer.
Basic materials required:
- Paper: 6 sheets of A5 sized water colour paper or any other stiff papers with heavy body.
- Vintage books: Old thrift shop books
- Colours: Acrylic colours + white and black
- Glue for collage
- Palette, water container, paper towel/cleaning cloth, scissors,
- Mark making tools: crayons, soft pastels, oil pastels, charcoal, pencil, posca pens.
- We will learn to create beautiful pieces of collage with minimal materials. Using a limited scheme will actually allow us to explore our creativity and come with interesting options.
- Collage is a very meditative process which allows theme-based series creation with a personal touch and being surprised with how numerous pieces unite to create an end product that is vintage and earthy. This is a collage practice based in minimalist lifestyle and working with whatever materials one may have at hand.
- These are mini abstract pieces that will introduce us to the world of abstract art, nudging us to let go of judgement and trusting the inner voice.
- We will learn innovative use of mark making, pattern making and colour mixing.
- Not to mention, working with limited palette us learn about colour schemes in a much more experimental matter compared with the conventional colour wheel.
Date and Time: April 14th - 5pm
Cost : Rs.499/-
Limited Seats Available! Click below to block your seats!
CCO - MadCap
Facebook / Instagram : @madcapworkshops
firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 96772 38849 / +91 91768 08449